June inflation slows to 7.25% YoY India’s wholesale price index (WPI) rose a lower-than-expected 7.25% in June from a year earlier, mainly driven by higher food prices, government data showed on Monday.
India’s wholesale price index (WPI) rose a lower-than-expected 7.25% in June from a year earlier, mainly driven by higher food prices, government data showed on Monday.
Analysts on average had expected an annual rise of 7.62%, a Reuters poll showed. Wholesale prices provisionally rose 7.55% in May.
The annual reading for April was upwardly revised to 7.5% from 7.23%, the government said in the release.
Here is a sneak peak:
- Manufactured products at 5% vs 5.02% (MoM)
- Manufactured products index up 0.3% (MoM)
- Primary articles at 10.26% vs 10.88% (MoM)
- Primary articles index up 0.1% (MoM)
- Food articles at 10.81% vs 10.74% (MoM)
- Food articles index up 1.4% (MoM)
- Fuel group at 10.27% vs 11.53% (MoM)
- Non-food articles index down 2.6% (MoM)
- Fuel Group index down 0.4% (MoM)
- Minerals group index down 2.6% (MoM)
Are you looking for NSE paid calls? Want to get premium trading alerts and unlimited access to Moneymunch? Join today and start potentially multiplying your net worth: Premium Stock & Nifty Tips
Premium features: daily updates, full access to the Moneymunch #1 Rank List, Equity Research Reports, Focus List portfolio of 50 longer-term stocks, Premium screens, and much more. You will quickly identify which stocks to buy, which to sell and target today΄s hottest industries.
Have you any questions/feedback about this article? Please leave your queries in the comment box for answers.