1) They decide a long time ago to take responsibility and find out what works?
2) They have a system that fits them.
3) They plan every trade along to the finest details.
4) They have put the ground work into this system and continue to do so.
5) They have complete confidence in both the system they follow and in their own skill to flawlessly execute it.
6) They definitely “view trading as a game” in points and stopped counting the “Money” a long time ago. Most of the top traders are very wealthy so if they aren’t trading for enjoyment (and winning) they’d simply retire.
7) Finally they a long time ago that they alone cannot control the market. Watching a quote machine and hanging on to “guru” advice all day is a losing system. Most of the top traders have a life out-side of trading. Realizing the importance of keeping it all in balance.