The Internet is a global system of interconnect the computer . It is a network of networks that consists of millions of private, public, academic, business, and government networks, of local to global scope, that are linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless and optical networking technologies. The Internet carries an extensive range of information resources and services.
How more interesting internet can be in your daily boring life..?
Internet is the amazing. All solution at one place to find anything and everything that is too small and very difficult
Learning / tutorial video, fact, new, entertainment, knowledge, movie, marketing, Service, easy recruitment, advertising, promotion, social network. Increasingly, people communicate, work, shop and pay bills online–the Internet is an important tool for many
Like for student math’s and science Is problematic part this is easily solved with internet or say so problem regarding you bank no, credit-card or say ATM lost bank detail everything done sorted her itself even sitting home or any hill station you gone for vacation won’t affect your work…as you have internet with you easy access even there with laptop, or you phone even technology grows. You like dance want a Lean go get video from internet and learn etc. task so easy, And fast
Internet addiction made human slaves
The Center for Internet Addiction says it’s not how much time you spend online that defines addiction. Rather, it’s how the time is spent, and whether it has a negative impact on your relationships, work, play, health or school. If you have a hard time controlling the amount of time you spend online, are preoccupied with your online behavior or lie about the amount of time you spend on the Internet, you may well be addicted.
30 percent of the population addicted, Gender also matters, with many more males being addicted than females. These statistics were backed up by a 2008 study comparing Chinese and American college students’ Internet usage, published in “Cyber Psychology & Behavior.” The authors found that being Chinese and male was “significantly related” to Internet addiction.
Online interactions through chat rooms and dating websites give cheating partners new opportunities to have affairs. Users can also become addicted to other online activities such as gaming, shopping, gambling or compulsive surfing.
Certain symptoms may indicate the presence of an internet addiction:
• Excessive thinking about the internet when not online – Thinking about what you will do when next online, and what you have done recently. Normal internet users do not spend much time preoccupied with online activities after logging off. Lying awake in bed thinking about text messages you want to send is a warning sign.
• Lying to others about how much time you spend online. A sign of most addictions, if you need to lie, then you have something to hide.
• Using the internet as a way to escape from problems or negative emotions – Soothing yourself after a hard day with online time, is a dangerous habit.
• Experiencing any significant work or school performance detriments, or relationship harms out of your online habits. If you find yourself staying up very late at night and missing work or class, for example, this could be indicative of a problem.
• Observing the development of a tolerance – If you find that you need ever longer periods of time online to achieve satisfaction, you are developing a tolerance to the internet.
• Cravings to use and withdrawal symptoms are a telltale sign of a problem. If you get anxious or irritable when you cannot get online, when your PDA battery dies or when you get interrupted online, you may be showing withdrawal symptoms.
Fact and figure of addiction…?
To investigate problematic Internet use in the adult general population in the United States, Dr. Aboujaoude and colleagues performed a random-digit-dial telephone survey of 2513 adults in 50 states
Of the people who were contacted,56.3% replied to the survey. The respondents had an average age of 48 years.
From 4% to 14% of the survey respondents showed evidence of some aspects of problematic Internet use:
4% said they were preoccupied with the Internet when they were offline.
6% had personal relationships that suffered as a direct consequence of inappropriate Internet use.
6% regularly went online to escape from depression or negative moods.
9% were secretive and felt they had to hide their Internet activities.
11% stayed online regularly for longer than they intended.
14% had a very hard time staying offline 4 days in a row.
Interference with personal relationships caused by Internet use, the researchers found a prevalence of problematic Internet use of 0.7%, which was the same for both men and women.